As Open Source advocates, we develop WordPress and Drupal 10 websites, but we also use a number of other popular systems, depending on clients’ needs.
From designing brochure websites, to building complex bespoke functionality, our clients often ask us to:
- Build website content types and custom post types for blogs, events, member profiles, exams, courses, and lots more
- Integrate with CRMs like Salesforce, SageCRM, and CiviCRM, and membership databases like Integra NG and Volunteer Management Systems
- Connect to Learning Management Systems (LMS) and Virtual Learning Environments (VLE) like Blackbaud and Moodle
- Develop intuitive navigation and search/filtering functionality
- Integrate feeds from social media platforms
- Develop rich form functionality for applications, registrations and donations
- Deploy or integrate with donation and e-commerce solutions like WooCommerce, Shopify and JustGiving
- Comply with GDPR when connecting to email platforms like MailChimp and Constant Contact
- Provide content personalisation and localisation
- Support multiple languages
- Adhere to best practice AA or AAA Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG)
IE Digital understands that a website is your most important marketing tool. And because we began life as a brand agency, asking questions and solving problems is second nature. We interrogate briefs, we speak to users, and we design digital experiences that help our values driven clients to further their impact and reach.
Once discovery and UX work is complete, IE Digital’s design team will create mobile-first responsive website designs, based on pre-approved wireframes and prototypes. And you’ll take part in a ‘Web Trends’ exercise to help you identify website design trends in the marketplace (including competitors). Helping us to better understand how the website should look.
We’ll then take an agile approach to development – utilising project backlogs to organise work in sprints, and tracking that work through burndown charts, stand-ups, and regular project calls and meetings to keep your project on track.
Once your website is built, we’ll then begin a robust testing phase, where you’ll have access to an intuitive system where you can log bugs – and we’ll be on the other end of the phone if you have any questions.
Finally, you’ll have access to ‘Hypercare’ – our support and hosting package run by in-house, dedicated support engineers and a staffed helpdesk to guarantee that your website is proactively monitored, securely patched and updated – providing you with the support you need moving forwards.